Friday, September 14, 2012

Tuna Tortilla Wrap

I was sitting at work wondering what I could fix myself for an afternoon snack. I work at my family run business and we keep food on premises, just so we don't have to go out all the time, but it limits what can be made since we don't have a stove, just a microwave and we don't like all the sodium in pre-packaged foods. We do a lot of our shopping at Trader Joes, so that helps, but still you've gotta watch what you get.
I was snacking on cucumber, feta cheese and pistachio's, but it wasn't quite cutting it in the protein department so here was a good solution to my mid afternoon hunger pangs.

Tuna Tortilla Wrap
 Serves 2

1 can of Tuna, low or no sodium
2 Whole Wheat Tortillas
1/2 a Japanese or Persian Cucumber
2 Tbls Mayo
A dash of Mustard
2 tsp sweet relish
6 pistachios
Shredded Cheese
Shredded Lettuce, any kind you prefer

Drain tuna well and break up into a bowl.
Chop cucumber into a small dice
Chop pistachio's in half then quarter the halves
Toss everything but the cheese and lettuce into the bowl and mix well.
Warm one Tortilla in microwave for 10 seconds, then sprinkle with some cheese, however much you like, then pop back into micro for 15 seconds.
Spread half of the mixture on the tortilla, top with lettuce, fold one end over and roll.
Repeat with other tortilla. And voila a really nice little afternoon snack. Happy cooking my friends and remember to keep it homemade!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment