Thursday, June 22, 2017

Salads Galore (Tuna Salad)

Salads and Summer is there anything better? I guess there is, but I'll let you pick your favs. I happen to make a mean potato salad, oooh next blog! Well after a lovely post for an eggless "egg salad", yes you heard right and you'll just have to go to the next page to see, Hehe. Today though I'm going to post twice. This first one is a typical tuna salad and it's a go to for quick protein and light comfort on a hot summer day. I'll even give you some healthified(I don't think that's a word, but what the hey, I'm gonna use it) options.


It's the one on the left you want for this one. I posted this on fb and instagram as a layout and didn't feel like uploading from  my phone.


Tuna Salad
This amount is for 3-4 people

1 12 oz Can Solid White Albacore Tuna packed in water
2 heaping Tbsp Mayonnaise 
1 Tbsp Relish
1/2 tsp mustard
1/2 Cup diced Celery
A few dashes hot sauce (opt)
Finely chopped onion or a pinch of onion powder for those who don't like raw (opt)

Drain and flake your tuna into a bowl with a fork. Add in all of the ingredients and mix well. Ahh so easy. LOL!
Now for the endless options. 
Throw it on a hollowed out tellera or bolio or french bread roll with some lettuce and tomato and maybe some cheese. Ooooh you could do a tuna melt!! Just pop it under a broiler. Add in some grapes or apple for sweet crunch. Sunflower seeds and sprouts would make it so So Cal. If you want to get crazy and omit the mayo altogether use mashed avocado instead, trust me, it's amazing! Low carb go for a whole wheat lavash bread, I get some really good ones from Trader Joes, put it in a halved avocado(this only has 2g of carbs for a half of one), no carb put it on a lettuce leaf, a stalk of celery, a hollowed out cucumber.

For the pictured version:
1 Brown rice cake
A few slices of thinly sliced cucumber
1/4 cup of the Tuna Salad
A sprinkle of nutritional yeast for cheesy flavor if you like. 
Pile it on and eat it up

So Happy Cooking my friends and remember to keep Healthy and Homemade!







No comments:

Post a Comment