Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Zucchini Casserole

I went to my women's group with church and we do a potluck dinner, my contribution was this lovely, cheesy zucchini casserole and it was a hit. I took it a lot a few years ago, but for some reason it fell by the wayside of my potluck dishes. I am glad I resurrected it and will be putting it back into my "go-to" potluck dishes. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoy serving it!
 This was half way through the meal and people went back. There was maybe one teeny tiny section left, because no one wants to take the last bite.
Zucchini Casserole

8-9 Zucchini
8 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4-1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4-1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
1/4-1/2 Cup Milk
Garlic salt and pepper to taste
               **the measurments aren't exact, it's usually a couple small handfuls
                   per layer, if you need more or less it's up to you, just as long as
                   you get good coverage of each ingredient on each layer

Anyway here we go with the method.

Preheat oven to 350, grease a 9X13 casserole dish and a piece of foil large enough to cover the dish.
Slice Zucchini lengthwise about a quarter inch thick.
Place a single layer of zucchini in your dish, you don't want any overlapping so you may need to cut the zucchini to fit. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, both cheeses and bread crumbs, don't use all of the ingredients, since you still have more layers to go. Splash with milk.
Repeat the layering process until all of your zucchini is gone.
Cover pan with the greased foil and bake for a bout half an hour, when the cheese is melted, remove foil and let it go for another 15-20 min until you see brown bubbly spots on the top. Let cool for 15 min and slice and serve.

Mushrooms would be good in this as well as onions or fresh garlic, you can also add cooked meat to it to make a complete meal.
Have fun my friends and remember to keep it homemade!

No comments:

Post a Comment