Saturday, September 1, 2012

Juice Fizzy's

I know we all have a weakness for soda; it's in commercials with that 'pop fizz' and then poured over a huge mound of ice, with the side of the glass all drippy and looking oh so refreshing. I'm sorry I just made you want one of those sweet oh so tempting beverages, but wait, stop, don't do it! I have a really nice alternative. It will not be at all like a dark, rich, caramely soda, but it'll do when you want something fizzy and refreshing. I like to call it a Juice Fizz and here's how to do it.

Take a 16oz glass or larger if you want a lot of ice, your favorite juice or nectar and any sparkling water you like, I love the La Croix brand, since it comes in 12oz cans and so many different flavors. The possibilities are endless.

For this one I used a mango juice from juicy juice that was 100% juice. Yes if I am going to drink juice I go for 100%, no high fructose corn syrup, if you please. I already have a hard enough time keeping trim, I do not need to add more empty calories to my diet and juice with additives, when you're past thirty it's a little harder to work off. Anywho, here we go for the method.

Pour the juice about half way into the glass and pour the sparkling water on top. Add ice if you like, but both my water and juice were cold from the fridge so I opted not to. One can of water can serve two people quite nicely, my mom has her's over at her desk as we sit and wait for doggy's to come in so they can get washed, plus there's a heat wave on in So Cal and the air conditioner is not working. YAY for juice fizzy's keeping us refreshed!

No comments:

Post a Comment