Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Lemon Curd


Lemon Curd

So Tangy!

This Recipe can be easily pared down, the original recipe has 1/2 a cup lemon juice and sugar with 3 eggs and 3/4 cups butter along with 2 tsp lemon zest. I just amped mine up because of the sheer volume of lemons I had. 

Ingredients:
4 Cups Lemon Juice
3 Cups Sugar
3 Tbsp Lemon Zest
3/4 Cup Butter (Yes I kept this amount the same, hehe)
14 Whole Large Eggs

Combine all of the ingredients in a large pot and cook on med. low, whisking frequently.
It can take anywhere from 10-20 Min to thicken, you'll want a pudding consistency and you should see whisk marks left in the curd when you pull the whisk through. 
Turn off heat and let cool for a min, then put into whatever container(s) you like.
Cover the surface of the lemon curd with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic wrap touches the entire surface of the curd. Put in fridge for an hour or until completely cool. At this point the plastic wrap can be removed and the curd can be stored in jars or an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge.
Sidenote; I gave a jar of this to my pastors wife and she couldn't eat it right away so she froze it and I gave it to her in a glass jar. It froze beautifully for a month and worked great as a filling in the cupcakes she made!
Happy Cooking my Friends and Remember to keep it Homemade!

No comments:

Post a Comment