Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Little Intro of Me

So Food. I love it! It shows on my facebook page, my pinterest page shows it, I even went to school for it. I however had to put my dreams of becoming a celebrity chef on the back-burner to get a real job with insurance. I know sad right? Sympathy is not unwelcome. LOL! When the "real" job with insurance tanked, I got another job, hated it and was laid off(blessing in disguise). So I went back to school to become a dog groomer. My mom owns a DIY Doggie wash and the idea came to her as a way to boost revenue and give me a job. I know what you are thinking, 'you work with your mother?', yes I do and I love it. They say not to go into business with family, I say "Why not?" if you like them, then go for, you already have a trust and understanding of one another built up. Having your own business can be stressful, with all of your time, money and effort going towards making it successful, but in the end it'll be worth it and hopefully give me the boost financially to open a cafe somewhere.
I am also very involved with church by way of singing and being the Sunday School Ministry Leader. Living in Redondo and commuting to Huntington makes for a very early Sunday, 6am kind of early. Did I happen to mention I am not a morning person? Can't stand getting up early, but I will do what I can for my God and am willing to be used in whatever capacity I can. Plus the church friends I have are awesome and when involved with a church for some reason we all have this weird obsession with all things food. My Pastor's wife and I love Ree Drummond the Pioneer Woman, she has the best and easiest recipes for breads and sweet rolls, I would highly encourage you to check her out.
But I digress, I was talking about food and not food other people make(although there will be mentions of others food creations as one should have inspirations from others to glean from), but food I make.

As I made mention of before I went to school for cooking and not just any cooking, but Culinary Arts and the hoity toity French kind. It give you a basis for every recipe you will ever make, from soups/stocks, meats, seafoods, poultry, breakfast, sandwiches and salads to sanitation and knife safety. It gave me even more of a passion for food than I already had and simple, methodical ways to prepare homemade deliciousness.

1 comment: